Welcome to my Summer 2023 Mentorship!Applications are currently closed.
- Class Duration - 6 weeks
- Summer 2023 Class will be on Wednesdays from 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM PDT
- Summer 2023 Class will start on June 21 and end July 26
- Apply by June 14 end of day. You will hear back if you are in by end of day June 17.
- If there is enough interest, I may open a Tuesday night section as well.
- Each week we meet once for roughly 3 hours for live demo/lecture, feedback and paintover.
- Class will be hosted in Zoom and a private Discord channel will be created for us to communicate, get feedback from peers and post work.
- Seats will be very limited.
- Price for the class is 699$ USD.
- I'll give you my personalized feedback on a portfolio project and advice for developing your Entertainment Design portfoilo further.
- My approach to this mentorship will be self-directed. That means you'll pick a project or topic you want to work on, and I'll do my best to guide you and give you feedback along the way.
- I'll do demos in Blender, 3D Coat, and Photoshop as needed/requested by the class.
- If I think it would be useful to the class, I may give some shorter lectures with slides on design theory as it pertains to animation, video games, and live-action film.
- My focus for this mentorship is on design for entertainment. That means sketching, reference gathering, and early design techniques will be a big part of your projects.
- We'll also focus on the specific skills and techniques needed in the entertainment industry from my perspective, whether for animation, games, or live-action film.
- For the final class, we'll have a visiting guest (if available) to give additional thoughts and feedback on our final presentations!
- This class is for intermediate/advanced students and professionals in the entertainment industry. Hopefully, you already have a basic understanding of digital art, painting, and design. Some exposure to 3D programs is great but not necessary. No specific software knowledge is needed since we'll be focusing on design.
- This class will be extremely small so that we have time to focus on each student. To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org (by June 14 end of day) and include your name and a link to your portfolio. From there, I'll pick just a few students per class and respond (by EOD June 17) to let you know if you are in with further instructions!
- Don't feel bad if you don't make it in, I will be keeping it very small for now! Also, feel free to apply again next time I do a mentorship.
Looking forward and hope to see you there! If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions:
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By applying for the course, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. I reserve the right to cancel or postpone a course with a prior notice to students. If this happens, I will refund the full amount paid for the classes remaining. It may be that a student turns out to not be a good fit for the course. Because of this, I reserve the right to remove anyone from the course for any reason. If this happens, I will refund the prorated amount for the classes remaining. Payments for the course are non-refundable, unless otherwise stated above.